Members of the parish constructed a grotto in the 1950's. It was designed to be an outside space for prayer and a visible reminder for train passengers to pray to God and that God is watching over them. The passenger trains are gone now, but the trees have been cleared so it is now visible by passing freight trains and from the west bound lane of Highway 12.
Click here for Photos of the Mary Garden Construction
Click here for an article about the Grotto by the Litchfield Independent Review
Click here for a pdf version of the article by the Litchfield Independent Review
Back to Top Share this page on