Young people in 10th grade or older are invited to formally commit to a deeper understanding and involvement in their Catholic Faith. Candidates must have participated in a faith formation program or a Catholic high school in previous years. Beginning in the Fall of their 10th grade year, students will begin a two year preparation program culminating with the celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation in February of their 11th grade year. All will actively participate in Small Group Formation classes.
Confirmation preparation offers Candidates large group events, ritual and prayer experiences, and a retreat. This journey is shared with a sponsor chosen by the candidate.
Our Confirmation Mass will be celebrated on Saturday, February 9, 2019 at 6:00 pm at the Church of St. Philip.
Requirements for Candidates
As part of the requirements for Confirmation, candidates must:
- Attend weekly Mass and Holy Days of Obligation
- Attend a retreat, such as Totus Tuus, TEC or NET
- Celebrate the Rite of Welcome
- Participate in Large Group Gatherings
- Be currently enrolled and actively participating in a Formation Small Group.
- Provide a copy of their baptismal certificate.
- Write a "letter of intent" to the Bishop requesting Confirmation
2018-2019 Confirmation Schedule (Click here for pdf)
Congratulations to our 2018 Confirmands