Young people in 10th grade or older are invited to formally commit to a deeper understanding and involvement in their Catholic Faith. Candidates must have participated in a faith formation program or a Catholic high school in previous years. Beginning in the Fall of their 10th grade year, students will begin a two year preparation program culminating with the celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation in February of their 11th grade year. All will actively participate in Small Group Formation classes.
Confirmation preparation offers Candidates large group events, ritual and prayer experiences, and a retreat. This journey is shared with a sponsor chosen by the candidate.
Our Confirmation Mass will be celebrated on Saturday, February 10, 2018 at 6:00 pm at the Church of St. Philip.
10th Grade will meet 2 Wednesdays a month.
11th Meet first Sunday of each month with Fr. Joe from 6-8 pm (supper included)
Last Wednesday of each month 10th and 11th will meet by parish.
St. John's parishioners will meet 6:30-8:00pm at St. John's Church
St. Philip's parishioners will meet 7:00-8:30pm at St. Philip's Church.
Requirements for Candidates
As part of the requirements for Confirmation, candidates must:
- Attend a retreat, such as TEC, Dunrovin, or NET Retreats.
- Take part in specific large group gatherings.
- Celebrate the Rite of Welcome
- Write a "letter of intent" to the Bishop requesting Confirmation.
- Be currently enrolled and actively participating in a Formation Small Group.
- Provide a copy of their baptismal certificate.
Congratulations to our 2018 Confirmands