Young people in 10th grade or older are invited to formally commit to a deeper understanding and involvement in their Catholic Faith. Candidates must have participated in a faith formation program via St. Philip's formation options or a Catholic high school in previous years. Beginning in the Fall of their 10th grade year, students will begin a two year preparation program culminating with the celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation at the end of their 11th grade year. All will actively participate in Small Group Formation classes.
Confirmation preparation offers Candidates large group events, ritual and prayer experiences, and a weekend retreat. This journey is shared with a sponsor chosen by the candidate.
Our Confirmation Mass will be celebrated on Saturday, February 10, 2018 at 6:00 pm at the Church of St. Philip.
10th Grade will meet 2 Wednesdays a month.
11th Meet first Sunday of each month with Fr. Joe from 6-8 pm (supper included)
Last Wednesday of each month 10th and 11th will meet together by parish.
St. John's parishioners will meet 6:30-7:30 at St. John's Church
St. Philip's parishioners will meet 7:00-8:00 at St. Philip's Church.
Requirements for Candidates
As part of the requirements for Confirmation, candidates must:
- Attend a weekend retreat, such as TEC, Dunrovin, or NET Retreats.
- Take part in specific large group gatherings.
- Celebrate the Rite of Acceptance and the Rite of Sending.
- Write a "letter of intent" to the Pastor requesting Confirmation.
- Be currently enrolled and actively participating in a Formation Small Group.
- Provide a copy of their baptismal certificate.
Congratulations to our 2018 Confirmands