The School of St. Philip is committed to guiding its students toward academic excellence in a safe and respectful environment with Catholic values that will enable them to carry their learning and faith beyond this school into our diverse and changing world.
As a faith community, the School of St. Philip strives to assist parents by providing a strong academic education and firm faith development. We the faculty, staff and administration of the School of St. Philip believe children deserve to learn and develop in a Christian environment which promotes:
- Building a relationship with Jesus
- Growth of the whole person
- To encourage each child to foster a relationship with God and a knowledge of the Catholic faith through prayer, liturgy, and instruction.
- To lead children to make choices and judgments in the light of the Gospel values taught by Jesus Christ.
- To model and teach the value of good study habits and life-long learning.
- To teach the basic skills and content as developed in the curriculum.
- To open as many avenues of exploration as possible to allow each child to express his/her ideas.
- To promote self-esteem in a loving environment where each child feels secure.
- To teach and exemplify that a Christian shows courtesy and respect to others.
- To promote awareness of social justice and global issues.
- To develop strong spiritual and moral values in each individual.
- To promote a healthy life-style through awareness of the value of good physical fitness.
- To extend cooperation through interaction among parents, teachers, students, and administrators in the education of each child.